I have been blogging on Smart Cars, Grids, Buildings, Health and cities.
Now that I come to think of it, it may be better to devote our resources to eradicating poverty.
Lets see, what the the minimum requirements for a person who is living in poverty to go to the next level.
- Nutritious food
- Health care
- Interesting work
- Comfortable habitat
- Reasonable means to commute
- Nutritious food cooked at home can be really low in cost
- We have the know how to design extremely balanced meals from readily available produce in all parts of the world.
- We have the knowhow for creating community kitchens with Solar Power.
- Example Auroville’s Solar Kitchen
- We have the technology to grow produce even in cities from lessons learned from Smart Farming technologies for communal kitchens
- Good strong functional clothing can be manufactured at low cost
- Strong wearing textiles can be developed
- With nutritious food people will have better health
- New regenerative cures can be developed at lower cost eliminating costly surgeries
- Online databases could have expert systems dole out medical care
- Excellent free education is available and more can be developed
- We have an untapped resource in the Social Media to create more free educational resources
- Social networks can come up with innovative means to create interesting work
- Most activities in the process of eradicating poverty will feed on itself to creat additional opportunity
- Free online education will give quality education to the masses and the ripple effect will be creation of innovative services for gainful employment
- Technology is available for building mass produced comfortable habitats
- Design thinkers will donate their time to create interesting sustaining designs
- Communities can donate the required land
- Most city planning can be done online by all of us
- This is a great opportunity for creating pedal power products
- Solar energy can be used here to the fullest extent
All this does not have to ask for funds from government agencies
This can be done with people power
Community by community one at a time
Let us dream about it and achieve it