Manufacturing companies constantly work on continuously increase the Yield and Utilization of Custom Automated Manufacturing Lines.
Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, Kaizen and various methodologies will be used to sustain the manufacturing operations.
The key components to the effort are as follows irrespective of the doctrine followed by the company
- Training in operations and maintenance
- Verification and validation on acceptance
- Source documents
- Spare parts
- Predictive & Preventive Maintenance Strategy
- Real time SPC
- Automated vision inspection
- Supply chain
Yield & Utilization are directly proportional to the level of knowledge on the process and equipment
So the exercise really starts when we set the requirements for the system build with an acceptance criteria which is detailed clearly prior to placement of order
- System through put
- Process Flow Charts
- Timing Diagrams
- System components for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and controls components.
- Product dimension, tolerance and quality criteria
- Level of automation and man power requirements
- Criteria for acceptance from factory
- Criteria for final acceptance at site
- Final installed cost
- Raw material for acceptance test
This will be a living document where we will we jointly explore the journey of a successful machine build progressing on the acceptance, handing over to operations and being sustained as a reliable system with measurable metrics.