The design of new custom automated equipment and the process improvement associated with it is the forte of manufacturing, process, automation and industrial engineers.
DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), Six Sigma & Kaizen rely on a measurement phase prior to analyzing the data.
Traditional measurement has been done by CMM’s (Coordinate Measuring Machines)
However this task is time consuming, laborious and not Real Time. This is where Machine Vision Inspection System can provide an immediate return on investment.
Machine Vision Systems are
- Real Time
- Work with NIST traceable standards
- Can do 100% inspection
- Are in par with CMM’s on accuracy
- Are not laborious or time consuming
- Can stop the system from producing defective parts
- Process can be centered
- Processes can be trended
- Can work in tandem with SPC packages
- Can be analyzed real time or studied offline
- Can also have analysis tools built in
- Involve the user in improving the system