Machine Vision Inspection & Real Time SPC are now part and parcel of most modern custom manufacturing automation equipment.
This is an inbuilt tool which will also help us conduct predictive maintenance.
- Real time run charts act as a process signature for a given set of parameters and machine condition
- Base line these signatures in chart form in your knowledge base
- Develop history
- Compare these signatures with your daily run charts
- Variations in the charts will point out to equipment wear or change in incoming material specifications.
Typical types of equipment deterioration could include
- Tracking of belts
- Belt wear
- Tool wear and time for re-sharpening
- Maintenance for printers, lasers
- Bearing failure
- Broken components in the system
- Sensors at point of failure
- Servo motors at point of failure
- Tools failing in vision system